Help Desk Now Available Evenings and Weekends: We understand that residents and stakeholders have questions regarding how to continue to conduct business with the City. In light of this action, the City has extended its Help Desk hours to assist with providing answers. The Help Desk can be reached daily (Sunday-Saturday) from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. at 626-307-1377 or at MpkHelpDesk@montereypark.ca.gov.
March 27, 2020: City of Monterey Park Continues to Expand Efforts to Slow the Spread. More Details
March 25, 2020: The City of Monterey Park Takes Additional Action to Prohibit Group Gatherings at Local Parks and Provides Resource Links for Residents and Businesses. More Details
March 20, 2020: City of Monterey Park’s “Safer at Home” Emergency Order Response. More Details
March 19, 2020: LA County and State of California issue "Safer at Home" emergency order stopping non-essential activities outside of residences in response to COVID-19. More Details
March 17, 2020 News Release: City of Monterey Park’s Continued Efforts to Provide Service to Community while Facility Closures are in Place. More Details
Subscribe to City of Monterey Park news flashes at www.MontereyPark.ca.gov/NotifyMe.
View our other social media such as Nixle alerts and Twitter.
- Face coverings: why and when according to the CDC
- Who can I contact at Monterey Park City Hall?
- Is the tap water safe to drink?
- Can wipes be flushed?
- How can I get more information about avoiding eviction?
- Where can I get info about LA County's drive-up mobile testing sites?
- How can I pay my water bill when city hall is closed?
- What about street sweeping and parking enforcement?
- Will the library suspend overdue book fines? How are they operating?
- How do I comply with the "Safer at Home" order issued by the county and state?
- Local Information
- A message on programs and services from the Director of Department of Public Social Services (DPSS), Antonia Jimenez. View message here
- Career/Employment Opportunities: Bruggemeyer Library Career Center , OnwardCA
- Employment Development Department (EDD) - COVID-19 Information: See how you qualify here
- 211 L.A. County hotline and website (24 hour health, human and social services.)
- L.A. County Dept. of Public Heath (COVID-19 cases, locations.)
- Safer at Home Emergency Order FAQ by L.A. County Department of Public Health: English, Spanish, Chinese
- Costco Senior (60+) Hours: 8-9 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. No guests are allowed to accompany the seniors, but Costco employees will be providing assistance to load items into their carts if needed. Please note during regular store hours no more than two people will be allowed to enter per membership.
- Resource Services page from the Office of Assemblymember Ed Chau, District 49
- Ralphs Supermarkets in Monterey Park are open to Seniors (65+) as follows:
- Dial-A-Ride Transportation Services: The city continues to recognize Dial-A-Ride services as an essential program for our senior residents. Dial-A-Ride services will remain available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with the following modification to ensure public safety: Rides will only be provided for essential trips to medical facilities, grocery stores or local pharmacies.
- Dial-A-Taxi Supplemental Transportation Services: The city’s Dial-A-Taxi service is also available 24 hours,7 days a week for senior residents. Residents must complete an application and provide proof of residency (State issued ID Card or Utility Bill) and one-time $5.00 registration fee. Due to the COVID-19 emergency declaration, applications will be issued on a need basis to ensure transportation services are met. If you have any questions or would like an application form, please call the Dispatcher at 626-307-1396.
- Food Assistance & Food Banks (Find food, donate & volunteer.)
- L.A Regional Food Bank
- American Legion Post 397 (338 S. Ramona Ave, Monterey Park, CA 91754, (626) 692-4918)
- CalFresh: food benefits to individuals and families with low-incomes. Check if you qualify here
- Aging and Community Services (WDACS): FREE emergency meals for seniors available by appointment only (323) 260-2801. Additional info here
- Meals-on-Wheels: The Meals-on-Wheels program offers home delivery meals to homebound seniors 60 years and up. Frozen meals are delivered at your door once a week to enjoy at home. For more information on this program, please contact the YWCA Intervale San Gabriel Valley at 626-214-9467.
- L.A. Small Business Development Center: Guide for small business owners to stay informed, plan, and respond to the impact of COVID-19.
- Support your Local Businesses - Click here for a list of Monterey Park eateries that have take-out and delivery service. (This list will be updated as businesses confirm take-out/delivery options.)
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering Economic Injury Load advance of up to $10k to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue with no repayment. For more details: https://www.sba.gov/page/disaster-loan-applications
- LA County Business & Worker Disaster Help Center. For more details: https://lacountyhelpcenter.org/for-business-owners/
- LA County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) help for-profit and non-profit employers of every size, and their employees in Monterey Park. No-cost business assistance and crisis relief consultation, please contact Joseph Torres at (213) 448-1804 or email@example.com. Online Resource Guide details: https://www.laedc.org/coronavirus/
- Assistance for Small Businesses from US Department of Treasury - Paycheck Protection Program
- IRS - Refundable Payroll Tax Credits
- Resource list from L.A. Homeless Services Authority (Basic needs, mainstream benefits, workers, employers, seniors, etc.)
- Utilities: Monterey Park Water and Trash, So. Cal. Edison (SCE), So. Cal. Gas.
- Western Center on Law & Poverty COVID-19 Info.
- School Information
- Tax/Financial Information
- Health Services
- LA County: COVID-19 drive-up mobile testing sites
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Prevent Getting Sick (Click here)
- Disaster Distress Helpline - Counseling and support call (800) 985-5990 or visit Helpline
- LA County Dept. of Mental Health - If you are feeling stressed, depressed or anxious and need to talk with someone call (800) 854-7771, text "LA" to 741741, or visit LACDMH
- California Department of Public Health Face Covering Guidance.