Billing and Payment Options
The city offers several ways to pay the bimonthly water and trash utility bill:
- View water bills and schedule a payment
- By automatic withdrawal from a bank account using our free "Easy Pay" service.
- Via a single online or phone payment. To make a free online payment please visit our online bill payment system (external link) or call the automated service at 855-288-1490. Credit/Debit card or electronic check payments are accepted 24 hours a day and credited to accounts on the next two business day.
- Dropbox at city hall west entrance for after-hours deposits. Box is opened on business days. Please bring your own envelope.
- Via a traditional check-in-the-mail using instructions included with the bill.
- With the city hall cashier during business hours.
Utility Bill Assistance
Monterey Park residents may qualify for the following assistance programs.
- Monterey Park water and trash customers who are unable to pay a past due balance may contact MPK water billing to discuss alternative payment arrangements at 626-307-1342.
- Water bill assistance: Calif. Department of Community Services and Development Low Income Household Water Assistance Program: https://www.csd.ca.gov/lihwap.
- Gas bill assistance: for SoCalGas Utility Assistance Program info, please contact Chinatown Service center at 626-293-8733 or one of the other non-profit organizations on the SoCalGas website.
- Water Rates
- Refuse Rates
- Sewer Rates
- SB998 Discontinuation of Residential Water Service for Non-payment (English) (Spanish) (Chinese) (Vietnamese) (Korean) (Tagalog)
- Utility Rate Study
Forms & Links
- Free Easy Pay (PDF) automatic account debit enrollment form and information.
- Trash Service Change Form (PDF)
- Lifeline & Utility Users Exemption Application (PDF)
- Free Trash Roll Out Service Application (PDF)