Passport Services

Passport Hours:

Monday-Tuesday 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wednesday-Thursday 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday                     10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Appointments Required: (626) 307-1357

(Same day appointments may be available, but please call in advance)

Schedule Appointment


Applying for a Passport?

You must bring the following:

Adults ages 18 and over

  1. Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport (Please print legibly using Black Ink Only).
  2. Proof of U.S. Citizenship: One of the following - Certified U.S. Birth Certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad,        Naturalization Certificate, Certificate of Citizenship or previous U.S. Passport. Please note: Birth Certificates that read Abstract of Birth are NOT accepted when applying for a U.S. Passport.
  3. Proof of Identity: You must present your original identification and submit a photocopy of the front and back side with your passport application.
  4. Recent Color Photograph: Photograph must meet passport requirements - full front view of the face, 2x2 inches in size, on a white background, and no eyeglasses. Photo service is available for $15.00.

Young Adults ages 16-17

with their own government-issued identification can apply for a passport by themselves; however, it is recommended that at least one parent appear in person with the minor to identify him/her and to show parental awareness.  A Student I.D. will only be accepted with an accompanying parent presenting a government-issued I.D. Note: all steps above have to be followed.

Minors under age 16

: Child and both parents, or child and the child’s legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:

  1. Birth Certificate:  Must be translated in English if born abroad. Please note: Birth Certificates that read Abstract of Birth are NOT accepted when applying for a U.S. Passport.
  2. If the child was born abroad, parent must provide evidence of the child’s U.S. Citizenship (one of the following: Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of  Citizenship, or Parent’s Naturalization Certificate + Child’s Permanent Resident Card).
  3. Parental/Guardian Identification: Each parent must present original identification and submit a photocopy of the front and back with child’s application.


  1. One payment to U.S. Department of State (Passport fee) must be made by check or money order.
  2. One payment to City of Monterey Park (Execution Fee) can be made by check, money order or cash.

Processing Time

  • Routine: 4-6 weeks.
  • Expedited: 2-3 weeks.
  • Emergency passports: Travelers departing within 2 weeks must make an appointment with the Los Angeles Passport Agency at 1-877-487-2778 (24-hour appointment scheduling system). Proof of travel within 2 weeks is required.

Passport Renewal

If your most recent passport book and/or passport card was issued less than 15 years ago and you were over 16 years old at the time of issuance, you may be eligible to use form DS-82. To determine your eligibility, please visit Those applicants not eligible to use form DS-82 must apply in person using the DS-11 form.

All Minors and those adults wishing to renew their passport in person must follow the steps as if applying for the first time. Note: expired passports will be requested and submitted with the application. Minor applicants will still need to provide their birth certificate and both parents will need to accompany the applicant.

 For more information, or to download passport forms, please visit