Business Resources

El Encanto

For Additional Business Permitting Information

Building & Safety
Fire Prevention
Engineering/Public Works

External Links:
California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC)
California Seller's Permit/Resale Certificate
Los Angeles County Public Health Permit for Businesses that Handle Food
Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
South Coast AQMD Air Quality Management Permit

Agencies to Contact Before Starting a Business

Depending on the type of business you are considering, there are a number of City and other governmental
agencies that you should contact.

View the list of agencies to contact before starting a business in Monterey Park.

Film Permits

Applications for film permits in the City of Monterey Park are administered by Film LA, Inc. (external site).
For information about FilmLA's permit process: Film Permit Application Information Sheet (PDF)

Business Resource Partners

  • BusinessUSA is the centralized, one-stop platform for American businesses commissioned by the president and federal government to make it easier for businesses to access services to help them grow and hire. Accessible are extremely useful wizards regarding tax credits and hiring incentives, information on health care changes, exporting, and access to financing.
  • The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides tools, grants, contracting, and local assistance services to help you both start and manage your business.
  • The Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) includes legal information about choosing a business structure, applicable business taxes, and tax credits in California, and registering a trademark.
  • The Chinatown Service Center is the largest community-based Chinese American health and human services organization in Southern California and offers services in a variety of Chinese dialects as well as in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Khmer (Cambodian).
  • SCORE provides counseling services for small businesses and offers advice and guidance from retired business professionals.
  • The Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment (PACE) is a non-profit community development organization that provides employment and job services, financial education, business development, and energy conservation programs primarily to the Pacific Asian community.
  • The Valley Economic Development Center (VEDC) is a not-for-profit small business lender that helps promote economic development and job creation in underserved communities by providing loans and microfinancing options to individuals that would not qualify for traditional bank financing. The VEDC also provides consultation services and entrepreneurial training to individuals and businesses.
  • The San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership (SGVEP)serves membership cities within the San Gabriel Valley; advancing the economic vitality and quality of life.