Engineering activities conducted by the city include:
- The programming, design, and construction of the city's capital projects. Projects include traffic signals, public streets, sewers, storm drains, waterlines, parks, and public buildings.
- Preparation of master plans for the city's major infrastructure, such as the city's sewer and water systems.
- Review and placement of controls on building development projects proposed for construction in the city. Controls include measures for hillside development and large commercial projects.
- Issuing permits and conducting site inspections for work to be performed in the public rights-of-way (outside of a parcel owner's property line) such as sidewalks, curbs, gutters, driveway aprons, and street pavement.
- Providing information to the public such as utility locations, property line info, center line tie / benchmark locations, soils reports, property records, and topography.
- To search for CENTERLIINE TIES, TENTATIVE/PARCEL MAPS, TRACT MAPS, RECORDS OF SURVEYS AND BENCHMARKS click here.
- To search for SANITARY SEWER NETWORK, please click here.
- To search for DRAINAGE NETWORK, please click here.
- To search for FEMA MAPS, please click here.
- To search for CALTRANS MAPS, please click here.
- To search for SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENT (SCAG) MAPS, please click here.
- To download the San Gabriel Valley Regional Bicycle Master Plan, please click here.
- To download the MONTEREY PARK SPIRIT BUS map and schedule, please click here.
- To download the METRO BUS AND RAIL MAP, please click here.
- To see FREEWAY ROAD CONDITIONS around Monterey Park, please click here.
- To see CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES UPDATES IN Monterey Park, please click here.
- Monterey Park ENCROACHMENT PERMIT, please click here.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email Public Works.