Friends of the Library Bookstore
Proceeds from the sales of donated books in the Friends Bookstore allow the Friends to be an on-going benefactor for the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library.
- Tuesday 12 p.m. to 2 p.m., 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Book / Media Donations
The Friends of the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library request donations of new-to-fairly-new books and magazines in good condition for the Friends Bookstore in the library. All proceeds from sales of donated items go to support the library. Your discards can help raise funds to purchase new books, provide refreshments for library adult / young adult, children's, and literacy programs and much more. So please bring those unwanted books or magazines to the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library.
Book Donation Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in making a donation to the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library. All donations become the property of the library and may be added to the collection, sold in the Friends of the Library Bookstore or recycled in order to raise funds for the library. We accept:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition
- Commercially published media - CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray discs
- Magazines less than one year old
We cannot accept:
- Damaged books including ones that are dusty, damp, moldy, soiled, or missing pages
- Clearly outdated material including textbooks
- Non-commercially published (home-recorded) media
- VHS tapes / audio cassette tapes
Donations should be made through the donation drop slot, open 24/7, located on the east side of the building at the rear entrance. Please do not leave donations outside the building as others might take items and your donation will not benefit the library at all.
The library does not determine the value of donations. However, receipts can be provided designating the number of donated items. Download a printable receipt.
For more information, please call 626-307-1269.