Library Cards & Fees
Library Card Holder Information
- Applicants must present a valid California Driver's License or ID or both a photo ID and verification of home address.
- Library card holder is responsible for everything checked out on his or her card.
- There is no charge for the first library card.
- The library card holder must make sure items are returned on or before the due date or pay the resulting overdue fines.
- The library card holder cannot check out materials if he or she has overdue items or has any outstanding fines or fees of $5.00 or more.
- Items can be renewed once (except for new books), as long as there are no holds or fees on the item, and the library card holder has less than $5 in overdue fines.
Fines & Fees
- The maximum overdue fine is the library’s cost of the item or $12 for children’s materials and $24 for adult / young adult materials, whichever is less, and the item must be returned.
- Lost items are charged the library's cost plus a processing fee. If no cost is available, the default cost applies. Replacement copy is acceptable after approval from selector.
- Materials not reparable and/or not in usable condition are charged as a damaged item. The library will retain the item.
- If a person damages or tries to steal library materials, library equipment or property, the person or the parents / guardian will be charged the replacement cost of the item plus the processing fee. The person will not be able to keep the item. The police may take additional action, as vandalism and theft are considered crimes.
Refunds for lost items are granted within one year of payment under the following conditions:
- Item returned is in good condition as determined by library staff.
- The overdue fine or processing fee, whichever is greater, is deducted from the amount to be refunded.
- Refund checks are mailed to the library card holder (no cash refunds).
Fines & Fees Schedule
|Circulation Materials||Loan Period||Fees||Fine|
|Adult fiction||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Adult fiction (New)||14 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Adult nonfiction||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Adult nonfiction (new)||14 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Adult paperback (not cataloged)||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Audiobook||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Children's book||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Children's book /CD set
||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Children's magazines||7 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Children's paperback (not cataloged)||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day
|Compact disk||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Government document||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Pamphlet||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
| DVD (New Releases)
|| 2 days
|| $2.00/2 Days
||$2.00 per day
| DVD (New Releases Blu-Ray)
|| 2 days
|| $3.00/2 Days
||$3.00 per day
|DVD (fiction)||7 days||$1.53 per week||$1.25 per day|
|| 7 days
||$2.04/7days|| $2.00 per day
|DVD (nonfiction)||7 days||N/A||$1.25 per day|
|Young adult fiction||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Young adult nonfiction||21 days||N/A||$.25 per day|
|Photocopy - Black and White
|25 cents per page
50 cents per page
|Library card look-up fee||56 cents|
|Hold not pick up or cancelled after being processed||56 cents|
|InterLibrary (ILL)||$5.61 per request plus charges of lending library|
|ILL photocopy||$5.61per page over 20 pages, pages 1-20 are free|
|Replacement of Lost / Damaged Items||Fee|
|Accompanying material||$8.67per item|
|CD case (single) / bag from children's book and CD set
||2.04 per case or bag|
|Audio book case (Multiple volume)
||$4.59 per case|
|DVD case||$8.67 per case|
|Book rebinding||$26.52 per book|
|Damaged / torn page||$2.04 per page|
|Library card||$7.14 per card|
|Plastic Jacket/Sleeve Replacement||$2.04 per jacket/sleeve|
|DVD Inside Jacket||$5.61 per jacket|