Library Cards & Fees
Library Card Holder Information
- Applicants must present a valid California ID or Driver’s License, or both a photo ID and verification of home address.
- Library card holder is responsible for everything checked out on their card.
- There is no charge for the first library card.
- Items (with the exception of New Release DVDs and Blu-Rays) can be renewed twice as long as there are no holds on the item. Eligible items will be automatically renewed on the due date. You may also renew items over the Web by accessing Your Account or by phone at (626) 307-1366. Renewals grant you an additional loan period from the renewal date.
- The Library card holder understands that every two years, they must show proof of address toe extend their library card.
- The Library card holder agrees to obey the rules of the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library. The Library has the right to revoke the library card and/or cancel library privileges.
- Persons who are unable to provide proof of a permanent California address may apply for an E-Resource Card.
- Applicants must present a valid photo ID.
- E-Resource Cards may only be used to access the Library’s digital resources and public computers. E-Resource Cards may not be used to borrow materials from the Library’s physical collection.
- E-resource card holders may present proof of permanent California address at any time to obtain full borrowing privileges.
Fines & Fees
- Effective February 4, 2021 the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library does not charge use fees or overdue fines for late materials, with the exception of New Release DVDs and Blu-Rays. Library patrons will receive notification of overdue items and will be billed for replacement and processing after 21 days overdue. Borrowing privileges will be suspended until materials are returned or the library is compensated for lost materials.
- Lost items are charged the Library’s cost plus a processing fee. If no cost is available, the default cost applies. Replacement copy will be accepted at the discretion of the selector.
- Materials not reparable and/or not in usable condition are charged as a damaged item.
Refunds for lost items are granted within one year of payment under the following conditions:
- Item returned is in good condition as determined by library staff.
- The overdue fine or processing fee, whichever is greater, is deducted from the amount to be refunded.
- Refund checks are mailed to the library card holder (no cash refunds).
Fines & Fees Schedule
|Circulation Materials||Loan Period||Fees||Fine|
|Adult/Children's/Young adult book||21 days|
|Children’s book /CD set||21 days|
|Compact disk (CD)||21 days|
|Government document||21 days|
|DVD (New Releases)||2 days||$2.00/2 Days||$2.00 per day|
|Blu-Ray (New Releases)||2 days||$2.00/2 Days||$2.00 per day|
|DVD/ Blu-Ray||7 days|
|Black & White|
|25 cents per page|
50 cents per page
|Hold not pick up or cancelled after being processed||50 cents per item|
|InterLibrary Loan (ILL)||$6.00 per request plus charges of lending library|
|ILL photocopy||$6.00 per page over 20 pages, pages 1-20 are free|
|Replacement of Lost / Damaged Items||Fee|
|Accompanying material||$10.00 per item|
|Replace plastic book jacket||$2.30 per item|
|CD case (single) / bag from children’s book and CD set||$2.30 per case or bag|
|Audiobook/CD/Hotspot case||$5.30 per case|
|Book rebinding||$28.20 per book|
|Damaged / torn page||$2.30 per page|
|Library card||$3.00 per card|
|CD insert||$2.40 per insert|
|DVD Insert||$6.50 per insert|