Monterey Park's 101st Birthday Celebration
There will be a celebration for the birthdate of Monterey Park on May 11-14, 2017at Barnes Park.
Play Days Parade
This event is fun for the entire family. See the local High School Bands, dance groups, clowns, and VIPs.
- Saturday, May 13 at 11 a.m.
- Garvey Avenue (between Alhambra and McPherrin Avenues)
- Parade Entry Application (FREE Entry)
2017 Grand Marshal - Comedian Rudy Moreno
2017 Honorary Grand Marshal - William Wheeler
Play Days Carnival
This is one of the highlights of Monterey Park's Annual Birthday Celebration. In addition to the parade, there will be four days of rides at Barnes Park and live entertainment.
- Thursday - 5 to 10 p.m.
- Friday - 5 to midnight
- Saturday - noon to midnight
- Sunday - 1 to 10 p.m.
Ways to Save
- Pre-sale ride coupons are available until 5 p.m. Thursday, May 11 at the City Hall Recreation Dept.
- Opening night special ride prices are available Thursday, May 11, 5-10 p.m. All rides $1.
- Ride all you can ride wristbands $25, Sunday, May 14.
2016 Entertainment Schedule
At the Barnes Park Tennis Courts/Food Court unless otherwise noted.
Friday, May 13
7:00-10:00 p.m. Casual Encounters Live Band Karaoke.
Saturday, May 14
9:00 a.m. Centennial monument and time capsule unveiling, city hall front entry.
11:00 a.m. Play Days Parade, Garvey Avenue, Downtown Monterey Park.
1:00-2:00 p.m. Magician Tony Daniels.
3:00-4:00 p.m. Montebello Performing Arts.
4:15-6:15 p.m. SR 80.
6:30-8:30 p.m. The Undercover Girls.
Sunday, May 15
1:00-2:00 p.m. Monterey Park Concert Band.
2:00-2:30 p.m. Grace Ge’s Dance Group.
2:30.-3:30 p.m. Sabrina (Belly Dance).
3:30- 4:00 p.m. Chi Chi Dance group.
4:00-6:00 p.m. Alarma Band.
6:15-7:00 p.m. Kingsley Dance Academy.
For more Monterey Park 100th birthday events during the Play Days weekend and beyond, please visit the Centennial Commission page.