Cherry Blossom Festival
Saturday and Sunday, April 21-22, 2018
Planned and coordinated by community volunteers, the Cherry Blossom Festival strives to provide a cultural arts event that offers a forum for learning, entertainment, fun, and support of community.
The 2018 Cherry Blossom Festival Committee and the City of Monterey Park are pleased to present the 21st Annual Cherry Blossom Festival on April 21-22, 2018. Entry to the festival is free to the public.
- Saturday, April 21, 2018, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 21 opening ceremonies: 12 p.m., with special guest and MC ABC7's Denise Dador.
- Sunday, April 22, 2018, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Barnes Park, 350 S. McPherrin Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754.
Take the time to see, hear, and taste a bit of the Japanese and Japanese American culture through a first-hand experience of watching traditional Japanese dancing, hearing the resounding beats of the taiko drums, observing the mastery and various skills of martial arts, participating in the ancient art of the tea ceremony, or buying hand-made crafts or food with an Asian flair. Other highlights of the festival include games and crafts for children, and numerous cultural displays.
- 2018 Cherry Blossom Program includes performance schedules, sponsors, festival map, special guest list, performer biographies, schedules, exhibitors, booths, demonstrators and food court and craft vendors.
- For a sense of this year's activities, performers, exhibitors and more, please download the 2018 Cherry Blossom Program.
Vendors - 2018 Applications
If you are interested in participating as a craft vendor you can obtain an application by clicking here, or commercial vendors can clicking here. If you have a question about anything regarding crafts or exhibits, please e-mail the coordinator .
The festival will feature an international array of food, including many authentic Japanese items. A complete list of foods will be available here in April. Local non-profit groups who wish to sponsor a food booth should contact the Coordinator Karen Ogawa.
Sponsorship and Raffle
Tickets are only $2 each. The top prize is $500. Please see Sponsors link for additional prizes and donors. To become a donor Click the Sponsorship Brochure.