Lunar New Year Festival
February 3-4, 2018, Downtown Monterey Park
The City of Monterey Park, event producer World Journal and all our food vendors, entertainers and merchants invite you to celebrate the arrival of the Year of the Rooster in Monterey Park.
- Saturday, February 3, 2018, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Sunday, February 4, 2018, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Free admission
- Five blocks of entertainment, food, family activities and vendors
- Downtown Monterey Park on Garvey Avenue between Garfield and Alhambra Avenues.
- Event info, schedules, map, photo gallery, videos, sponsorship information and more at the event organizer's website (external site)
Past Lunar New Year events in Monterey Park have drawn crowds estimated at 50,000 to 100,000 visitors coming from all over the Southern California area. Plan on attending now for a full weekend of fun, entertainment, shopping and dining. The event is presented by the City of Monterey Park, the Monterey Park Downtown Business Improvement District Advisory Committee, and World Journal LA, LLC.
For more information on how to become a sponsor Click Here or visit the World Journal website at or contact:
World Journal LA, LLC
1588 Corporate Center Drive
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Ph: 323-268-4982 ext. 500 or 256.
Every 15-20 minutes to event
El Repetto Elementary School, 650 Grandridge Ave, Monterey Park, CA 91754
Mark Keppel High School, 501 E. Hellman Ave., Alhambra, CA 91801
Ynez Elementary School (No shuttle. Free parking only.), 120 S. Ynez Ave, Monterey Park, CA 91754
Lunar New Year street closures
- East Garvey Avenue between Ramona and Alhambra Avenues will be closed from approximately 7 p.m. on Friday, January 27 until approximately 4 a.m. on Monday, January 30
- Surrounding streets such as Baltimore, Lincoln, Russell, Nicholson, Everett and Edgley will also be closed. View/download map (PDF)
- Garfield Avenue will remain open for north/south traffic
- map (PDF)). For Metro info, please visit their service advisories page. . The MPK Spirit transfer point will temporarily move one block west to the corner of Newmark and McPherrin Avenues (