The City of Monterey Park, Recreation & Community Services Department is pleased to announce the first annual Pickleball Tournament on Saturday, November 6, 2021. The Pickleball Tournament will offer three competitive divisions and a total of 54 teams.
Registration Begins: Monday, September 13, 2021
Tournament Date: Saturday, November 6, 2021
Event Time: 8am - 2pm
Location: Barnes Park, 350 S. McPherrin Ave., Monterey Park
Cost: $40 Per Team (includes complimentary pickleball towel and water)
To register, please choose from one of the following divisions:
Beginner Category: Click Here to register.
Intermediate Category: Click Here to register.
Advanced Category: Click Here to register.
Pre-Order Tournament T-shirts
- Pre-order your Monterey Park Pickleball T-shirt Today and Get the Early Bird Special!
- All shirts will be made available on tournament day, Saturday, November 6th.
- Early Bird Special (pre-orders) - $10
- T-shirt price the day of tournament - $15
- Shirts are 100% Cotton
- To place your order, click here.
We would like to thank the following sponsors for your support:
- Amazin Aces
- REAXN Pickleball
- Recess Pickleball
- The Pickleball Exchange
- Total Pickleball
- There are 3 divisions (non-gender specific) Pickleball Ratings: Beginner 2.0-3.0; Intermediate 3.0-4.0; Advanced 4.0-above.
- 6 teams/pool *3 pools = 18 teams per division, for a total of 54 Teams.
- Each team within a division will play a minimum of 5 games if brackets are full.
- Each team will play at least once against each opponent within their own pool.
- Game scores will be straight up 11 points. No 2 point win necessary.
- If there are 3 to 4 teams in a pool, each team will play each-other 2 to 3 times to 11 points to guarantee 4 to 6 games.
- If there are 5 teams in a pool, each team play each-other once to 15 points for 4 longer lasting games.
- 4 highest ranked teams in each division, after completion of regular rounds, will contend for the championship.
- Teams ranked below 4th place can play additional bonus rounds.
- Ranking is based on win/lost record. In case of a tie, the margin of victory of teams record would supersede.
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finishers will be awarded medals.