Bulky Item Pickup
Note that electronic waste such as televisions and computers is not considered a bulky item. Please click here for information on proper disposal of electronic waste.
Christmas Tree RecylingChristmas trees are 100% recyclable. Athens Services collects holiday trees on your normal pickup days from the day after Christmas through the second week of January each year. Trees are delivered to various landfills to be used as mulch or cover material or to Athens American Organics composting facility in Victorville.
How to prepare trees for pickup:
- Remove stands, ornaments, lights and tinsel.
- Place Christmas trees next to your regular trash containers.
- Trees over 6 feet in length must be cut in half.
- Trees with flocking or fire retardants ARE acceptable.
- If you miss the date for recycling, please cut up your tree and place it in your yard waste container(s).
Before you dispose of an unwanted appliance, you may qualify for a rebate from your utility company. For more information, please contact the applicable utility company.
How to Schedule Bulky Items for Pick-up
Please follow these steps:
- Call Athens Services at 888-336-6100 during business hours at least 24-hours before your next collection day. Translation services are available;
- Provide Athens Services with your address and cross street, pick-up day, and list of items for removal. (Note: For numerous items Athens Services may require more than one pick-up day for removal. Athens may also provide you with additional instructions.)
- Place bulky items out for pick-up by 6 a.m. on your collection day. Items must be stored out of public view prior to 24-hours before your collection day.