The City of
Monterey Park is in communication with the Los Angeles County
Department of Public Health to ensure that we are taking the appropriate action to protect our residents against the spread of the coronavirus. Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the public, the City of Monterey Park has decided to take the following preventative measures:
- Urge the public to be vigilant while avoiding panic.
- Continue to monitor the situation and will consider canceling future events as necessary to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus within the community.
- Offer modified programs at Langley Senior Center to minimize contact and exposure until further notice.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting of all high-touch areas in city hall, city buildings, and Spirit buses including bus shelters, to stop any potential spread of the coronavirus.
While the City of Monterey Park apologizes for any
inconvenience that these actions may cause, the safety of the public is our
The City of Monterey Park also encourages the public to
take proactive steps to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. As with
other respiratory illnesses, there are steps that everyone can take daily to
reduce the risk of getting sick or infecting others. The Los Angeles County
Department of Public Health recommends:
- Stay home if you are sick; do not wait until you are VERY sick. Remain home until you have spoken with your doctor or health provider.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands). Wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer immediately after.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a cleaning spray or wipes that are identified for use against Influenza A&B and coronaviruses.
- If you have not yet done so, get a flu shot to prevent influenza.
- Avoid / stay away from sick people.
- Practice and encourage “social distancing” by maintaining six feet of separation from other people.
The City of Monterey Park will continue to follow the lead of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in implementing protocols to protect the health and safety of everyone in public spaces and in providing accurate and timely updates to the community.
For updates and information about the current numbers of cases in the United States and in Los Angeles County, the spread of the virus, severity, treatments, precautions, and other important public health information in multiple languages, please visit the websites below:
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
City of Monterey Park: www.MontereyPark.ca.gov/Coronavirus.
Subscribe to City of Monterey Park news flashes at www.MontereyPark.ca.gov/NotifyMe