Public Records Request

How to Request a Public Record

The City of Monterey Park is committed to an open and transparent government. The California Public Records Act (Government Code Sections 7920 et. seq.) provides guidelines on obtaining records held by public agencies.

In accordance with the Public Records Act, the city shall within 10 days from receipt of request, determine whether the request in whole or in part, seeks of disclosable records in possession of the city and shall promptly notify the person making the request.

If you are requesting water consumption information, you will need to provide a notarized Letter of Agency from the utility customer authorizing release of records.

The city encourages that public records requests be submitted in writing in order to assist staff in responding efficiently. To request for documents you can:

  • Complete the Request for Public Records Form
  • Submit a request via email to City Clerk email
  • Fax a request to (626) 288-6861
  • Send a request over via U.S. Postal Mail to: 320 W. Newmark Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91754, Attention City Clerk's office.

The city now offers the public an opportunity to access records online by clicking the links below.