Cherry Blossom Festival
Saturday and Sunday, April 27-28, 2019
Planned and coordinated by community volunteers, the Cherry Blossom Festival strives to provide a cultural arts event that offers a forum for learning, entertainment, fun, and support of community.
The 2019 Cherry Blossom Festival Committee and the City of Monterey Park are pleased to present the 22nd Annual Cherry Blossom Festival on April 27-28, 2019. Entry to the festival is free to the public.
- Saturday, April 27, 2019, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27 opening ceremonies: 12 p.m.,
- Sunday, April 28, 2019, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Barnes Park, 350 S. McPherrin Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91754.
Take the time to see, hear, and taste a bit of the Japanese and Japanese American culture through a first-hand experience of watching traditional Japanese dancing, hearing the resounding beats of the taiko drums, observing the mastery and various skills of martial arts, participating in the ancient art of the tea ceremony, or buying hand-made crafts or food with an Asian flair. Other highlights of the festival include games and crafts for children, and numerous cultural displays.
- The Cherry Blossom Program includes performance schedules, sponsors, festival map, special guest list, performer biographies, schedules, exhibitors, booths, demonstrators and food court and craft vendors.
- For a sense of this last year's activities, performers, exhibitors and more, please view the 2018 Cherry Blossom Program (PDF).
- Watch the Cherry Blossom Festival video on YouTube.
Vendors - 2019 Applications
The 2019 vendors applications are now available at the provided links below. If you have a question about becoming a vendor or would like to receive an application via email please contact the Vendor Chair .
The festival will feature an international array of food, including many authentic Japanese items. Local non-profit groups who wish to sponsor a food booth should contact the Food Vendor Chair.