Boys & Girls Club of West San Gabriel Valley
- 328 S. Ramona Avenue
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: 1 to 6:30 p.m.
Teen Help Lines
- Alateen: 888-684-6444
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 323-759-9602
- AIDS Hotline: 800-590-2437
- Info Line - LA County Human Services: 800-339-6993
- Narcotics Anonymous: 818-997-3822
- Marijuana Hotline: 888-627-4582
- Teen Line: 310-855-HOPE
Things to do During COVID-19
- Do a puzzle.
- Learn guitar. The Fender Guitar Company is offering free lessons online for 3 months.
- Keep up or get ahead on your required reading. Lots of classics are in the public domain and so are free online.
A few of the best websites:
- Go full Kondo on your room.
- Learn to make dinner for your family. Countless videos on YouTube from terrific cooks can show you all the basics. Cooking is a life skill every person should know. You can’t live on cup noodles for the rest of your life.
Make your mom happy. Empty the Tupperware drawer onto a clean surface. Match all the lids. Throw away any lids that don’t have a match. Return organized Tupperware to drawer. Pat yourself on the back.
If you have a younger sibling or two, or three, spend some quality time with them. Play their favorite board game, watch a movie that they want, build some Legos together. Hopefully give them some positive memories from this mess.
- Meditate Meditate or Meditate.
- What are other Teens saying?
- This one is for your parents (But you can read it too)
- Say "Hi" to a Librarian (We can use cheering up as well)