How to Get a Passport

The Monterey Park City Clerk's Office has been designated as a Passport Application Acceptance Agency by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs. We will gladly accept your completed passport application and forward it to Passport Services for an issuance determination. If you need assistance communicating in English, please bring someone with you who can translate for you.

New Applicant

Submit form DS-11 (new applicant) if any of the following are true:
  • You have never been issued a U.S. passport
  • You are under age 16
  • You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued
  • Your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your most recent U.S. passport was lost or stolen
  • Your name has changed since your previous U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change


Submit for DS-82 (renewal) if any of the following are true:
  • Your most recent passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
  • Your most recent passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Your most recent passport was issued within the last 15 years
  • Your most recent passport was issued in the exact same name as your previous passport or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change under federal or state law

Additional Information

Needed Documentation

You will need the following basic documents to process your passport application:
  • Proof of citizenship (original certified copy)
  • Check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State
  • Government issued photo identification card
  • A recent photo (taken within the last 6 months)

Hours of Operation

  • Monday - Thursday
    9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
    Appointments required

Contact Information

  • Monterey Park City Hall
    City Clerk's Office
    320 W. Newmark Ave.
    Monterey Park, CA 91754
    Ph: 626-307-1361

Photo Services

The City Clerks' office no longer offer on-site photos services. Contact the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library for photo services.


The passport fee schedule can be viewed online.

Emergency Passport Services

  • National Passport Information Center
    Customer Service Office
    11000 Wilshire Blvd., First Floor
    West Los Angeles, CA 90024
    Ph: 877-487-2778

Passport Application Acceptance Agency Facility # 030586