Fitness Court and Playground
The Recreation and Community Services Department is excited to announce the grand opening of the new playground and Fitness Court at Barnes Park
Download the free Fitness Court App from your device's app store to learn more about this outdoor circuit training facility, learn the moves, find a class and get training
County Health Officer orders apply to city playgrounds and fitness facilities. Please open, review and comply with county orders before visiting our facilities. Outdoor playgrounds (PDF). Gyms and fitness establishments (PDF)
New Barnes Park Playground
The previous Barnes Park playground was over 20 years old and has been upgraded with two entirely new play structures: one for children 2-5 years of age and another for 5-12 years of age. Each structure includes slides, various play apparatuses with shade canopies, swing sets, and rubberized safety surfaces.
Due to LA County Health Department orders, the following measures are in effect at the playgrounds:
- Everyone 2 yrs of age or older should wear a face covering at all times while at the playground.
- Stay home if you are sick with fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- No eating or drinking is allowed at the playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Adults or Caregivers are required to monitor their children and ensure that they maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others that are not part of their household.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after your visit to the playground.
- Visits should be limited to 30 minutes when others are in the playground.
- Elderly individuals and those persons with underlying medical conditions should be reminded to avoid the playground when others are present.
Take virtual tour of a Fitness Court and view suggested exercises
Adjacent to the playground is the new Fitness Court. The city has partnered with the National Fitness Campaign (NFC) with the goal of providing the community with outdoor equipment that residents of all fitness abilities could utilize. This outdoor bodyweight circuit training system enables users to perform a full body workout within a seven movement, seven-minute system.
Community members can download a free fitness court app designed to help users learn different fitness court exercises and compete in fitness challenges.
Videos of Fitness Court features, workouts, and classes can be found on the National Fitness Campaign YouTube channel.
Recreation & Community Services Department staff will be on site Wednesday evenings from 4-7 p.m. and Saturday mornings 7-10 a.m. during the month of March to answer any questions and assist with downloading the fitness court app.
LA County Health Department protocols for gyms and fitness establishments (PDF) are in effect at the Fitness Court, please download and review before visiting the Fitness Court.