City Staff Available by Phone and Email During COVID-19 City Hall Closure
Monterey Park City Hall is temporarily closed until further notice.
While city hall, the library, senior center and other facilities are closed to walk-in visits, constituents are welcome to contact staff through previously established contacts, locating a contact via a website search, viewing the website directory or by calling 626-307-1458.
Utility bill payments may be made online or deposited in the dropbox at the west entrance.
- What's Open
- Covid Testing and Health
- Food Assistance
- Economic/Housing Assistance
- Schools and Childcare
- Businesses and Employers
- LA County Roadmap to Recovery- Learn which businesses are re-opening.
- Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library- Library staff is available via phone from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. The library is currently closed to the public.
- Contactless Checkout is available for patrons who wish to request books, CDs and audiobooks for curbside pickup.
- Monterey Park Dial-A-Ride is available from 8 a.m.to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday for essential trips to medical facilities, grocery stores or local pharmacies. Call 626-307-1396.
- Monterey Park Dial-A-Taxi is available 24 hours, 7 days a week for senior residents. Residents must complete an application and provide proof of residency (state issued ID or utility bill) and one-time $5.00 registration fee. Due to the COVID-19 emergency declaration, applications will be issued on a need basis to ensure transportation services are met. Call 626-307-1396.
- Status of Monterey Park Recreation Facilities (PDF)- Learn which parks, playgrounds, courts, fields, restrooms, facilities, etc. are open, modified or closed.
- California Department of Aging COVID-19 Information and Resources
- California Department of Public Health Face Covering Guidance
- How to Make Cloth Face Coverings- Sew and No Sew methods by the CDC
- Disaster Distress Helpline- Call 800-985-5990 for counseling and support.
- Emergency Cooling Center locations in Los Angeles County
- Friendship Line California- A free service that provides emotional support to older Californians facing loneliness, isolation, and anxiety. Call 888-670-1360.
- LA County Dept. of Mental Health - If you are feeling stressed, depressed or anxious and need to talk with someone call 800-854-7771 or text "LA" to 741741.
- LA County Dept. of Public Heath- Information about COVID-19 cases, locations, Safer at Home order. Available in multiple languages.
- LA County Free COVID-19 Testing- Priority given to symptomatic persons or vulnerable populations. Call 211 for more information.
- Red Cross Virtual Family Assistance Center- Crisis counseling for distress, suicide prevention, behavioral health, spiritual care and health service. Toll-free 833-492-0094.
- American Legion Post 397: Call 626-692-4918 for more information. The American Legion is located at 338 S. Ramona Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91754.
- CalFresh Food Benefits- Food assistance for low-income individuals and families.
- Great Plates Delivered- FEMA-funded meal delivery program that assists older adults and other eligible individuals who are socially isolated and unable to cook their own meals. Those eligible receive three (3) free meals delivered to their home, from participating restaurants.
- People interested in receiving meals through this program can apply online or call 211! To apply online in English, click here. To apply online in Spanish, click here.
- Restaurants interested in providing meals through this program can apply here.
- Chinese: LA縣將每天提供3頓送餐服務，必須符合由CDC確定的老年人和60歲以上的高危人士。要查看您是否符合條件，請瀏覽https://wdacs.lacounty.gov/greatplates.。請撥打2-1-1申請！
- LA County Food Resources Portal: Find meals and voucher programs, donate, volunteer and connect with providers. Additional LA County Food Resources here.
- LA Regional Food Bank
- Meals-on-Wheels- Meal delivery program for homebound seniors 60 years and up. Frozen meals are delivered to your door once a week. Contact the YWCA Intervale San Gabriel Valley at 626-214-9443 or 626-214-9467.
- USDA Meals for Kids Site Finder- Find FREE meals for kids while schools are closed.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) COVID-19 Information
- Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS):
- Emergency Food Assistance Program (PDF)- Free emergency meals for seniors. Available by appointment only. Call 323-260-2801.
- Critical Delivery Service (PDF)- Free pick up and delivery program to deliver groceries, household items, and other vital items to individuals unable to leave their homes due to COVID-19. Call 888-863-7411 to request delivery service.
- California Business, Consumer Services and Housing Coronavirus Guidance
- California Employment Development Department (EDD)- Information about unemployment benefits, family leave and employer information
- California State Tax Return Filing Extension
- City of Monterey Park COVID-19 Assistance for Renters and Utility Customers
- Disaster Loan Assistance- Federal Disaster Loans for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners, and renters
- First 5 LA Stronger Families Resources for Renters
- L.A. County COVID-19 Rent Relief
- L.A. County Disaster Help Center- Information for businesses, workers, non-profits and tenants/landlords. Email LA County Disaster Help Center or call 833-238-4450.
- L.A. County Property Tax Information
- L.A. Homeless Services Authority Resource List- Basic needs, mainstream benefits, workers, employers, seniors, etc.
- Local Utilities
- Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library Career Center
- OnwardCA- Job resources for Californians impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- USA.gov Common Scams and Fraud- Coronavirus scams, rumors and price gouging
- Western Center on Law & Poverty COVID-19 Information.
- City of Monterey Park COVID-19 Small Business Assistance.
- City of Monterey Park Temporary Outdoor Dining Permits.
- LA County Business & Worker Disaster Help Center.
- LA County Childcare Provider Grants of $10,000 or $40,000 to eligible childcare operators in Los Angeles County who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LA County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) Resource Guide help for for-profit and non-profit employers of every size, and their employees in Monterey Park. For no-cost business assistance and crisis relief consultation, please email Joseph Torres or call 213-448-1804.
- L.A. County Reopening Safer at Work and in the Community Order (PDF)
- L.A. County Roadmap to Recovery list of businesses that are re-opening.
- LA County Sanitation Districts COVID-19 reduced commercial water/wastewater rebate.
- L.A. County Public Health Reopening Protocols- See "Reopening Protocols" section.
- LA Regional COVID Fund - Loan and grant resources to micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses and non-profits. Six rounds of funding through October 2020.
- L.A. Small Business Development Center- Guide for small business owners to stay informed, plan, and respond to the impact of COVID-19.
- Refundable Payroll Tax Credits
- U.S. Department of Treasury Paycheck Protection Program- Assistance for small businesses
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Economic Injury Loan- Provides an advance of up to $10,000 to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue with no repayment.
- Verizon Small Business Relief Grant- Awards of $5,000, $7,500, and $10,000 for qualified businesses
The final round of the LA Regional COVID FUND’s grant program is now open for applications and closes October 30, 2020 for good. Read on...
As everyone prepares to celebrate Halloween and Dia de los Muertos, Monterey Park Police Department is encouraging the community to make this year’s festivities as safe as possible by planning lower-risk online, at-home and car-based activities. Read on...
Monterey Park small business owners who have been economically impacted by COVID-19 are invited to learn more about the city’s Small Business Assistance Program (SBAP) by attending an informational Zoom webinar on Monday, November 9, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Read on...