For more information on current LA County Department of Public Health orders, business reopening protocols or vaccines, please visit LA County Public Health.
Monterey Park City Hall is temporarily closed until further notice.
City of Monterey Park staff are available by phone and email during the COVID-19 city hall closure
While city hall, the library, senior center and other facilities are closed to walk-in visits, constituents are welcome to contact staff through previously established contacts, locating a contact via a website search, viewing the website directory or by calling 626-307-1458.
Utility bill payments may be made online or deposited in the dropbox at the west entrance.
- What's Open
- Covid Testing and Health
- Food Assistance
- Economic/Housing Assistance
- Schools and Childcare
- Businesses and Employers
- LA County Roadmap to Recovery- Learn which businesses are re-opening.
- Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library- Library staff is available via phone from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. The library is currently closed to the public.
- Contactless Checkout is available for patrons who wish to request books, CDs and audiobooks for curbside pickup.
- Monterey Park Dial-A-Ride is available from 8 a.m.to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday for essential trips to medical facilities, grocery stores or local pharmacies. Call 626-307-1396.
- Monterey Park Dial-A-Taxi is available 24 hours, 7 days a week for senior residents. Residents must complete an application and provide proof of residency (state issued ID or utility bill) and one-time $5.00 registration fee. Due to the COVID-19 emergency declaration, applications will be issued on a need basis to ensure transportation services are met. Call 626-307-1396.
- ACCESS Transportation to a Vaccination Site: Access riders can book next-day trips to COVID-19 drive-thru vaccination appointments by calling 626-532-1616 between the hours of 8:00am -5:00pm. Riders can visit VaccinateLACounty.com for more information about when and where they can be vaccinated.
- Status of Monterey Park Recreation Facilities (PDF)- Learn which parks, playgrounds, courts, fields, restrooms, facilities, etc. are open, modified or closed.
- California Department of Aging COVID-19 Information and Resources
- California Department of Public Health Face Covering Guidance
- How to Make Cloth Face Coverings- Sew and No Sew methods by the CDC
- Disaster Distress Helpline- Call 800-985-5990 for counseling and support.
- Emergency Cooling Center locations in Los Angeles County
- Free COVID Testing - Daily. Locations vary. Find a testing site near you at corona-virus.la/covid-19-testing.
- Free Flu Vaccinations - Limited availability. Locations vary. To locate a flu vaccine near you, visit VaccineFinder.org. To receive a flu vaccination at LA County Public Health Clinic Community Clinics. For more information on the flu, visit the LA County Public Health Flu Season website.
- Friendship Line California- A free service that provides emotional support to older Californians facing loneliness, isolation, and anxiety. Call 888-670-1360.
- LA County Dept. of Mental Health - If you are feeling stressed, depressed or anxious and need to talk with someone call 800-854-7771 or text "LA" to 741741.
- LA County Dept. of Public Heath- Information about COVID-19 cases, locations, Safer at Home order. Available in multiple languages.
- LA County COVID-19 vaccine distribution information. Find out when you can receive the vaccine, sign up for the newsletter.
- LA County COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment System. Make an appointment or check your eligibility. *On Monday, March 15, vaccine eligibility will open up to people ages 16 through 64 who have underlying health conditions or disabilities that put them at the highest risk of becoming very sick from COVID-19. Janitorial/Custodial Services are also eligible.
- National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA) COVID-19 multi-lingual vaccine resource map and help line.
- Red Cross Virtual Family Assistance Center- Crisis counseling for distress, suicide prevention, behavioral health, spiritual care and health service. Toll-free 833-492-0094.
- American Legion Post 397: Call 626-692-4918 for more information. The American Legion is located at 338 S. Ramona Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91754.
- CalFresh Food Benefits- Food assistance for low-income individuals and families.
- Free Food Distribution - Limited availability. Locations vary. For more information, visit the LA County website for list of resources.
- Great Plates Delivered- FEMA-funded meal delivery program that assists older adults and other eligible individuals who are socially isolated and unable to cook their own meals. Those eligible receive three (3) free meals delivered to their home, from participating restaurants.
- People interested in receiving meals through this program can apply online or call 211! To apply online in English, click here. To apply online in Spanish, click here.
- Restaurants interested in providing meals through this program can apply here.
- Chinese: LA縣將每天提供3頓送餐服務，必須符合由CDC確定的老年人和60歲以上的高危人士。要查看您是否符合條件，請瀏覽https://wdacs.lacounty.gov/greatplates.。請撥打2-1-1申請！
- LA County Food Resources Portal: Find meals and voucher programs, donate, volunteer and connect with providers. Additional LA County Food Resources here.
- LA Regional Food Bank
- Meals-on-Wheels- Meal delivery program for homebound seniors 60 years and up. Frozen meals are delivered to your door once a week. Contact the YWCA Intervale San Gabriel Valley at 626-214-9443 or 626-214-9467.
- USDA Meals for Kids Site Finder- Find FREE meals for kids while schools are closed.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) COVID-19 Information
- Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS):
- Emergency Food Assistance Program (PDF)- Free emergency meals for seniors. Available by appointment only. Call 323-260-2801.
- Critical Delivery Service (PDF)- Free pick up and delivery program to deliver groceries, household items, and other vital items to individuals unable to leave their homes due to COVID-19. Call 888-863-7411 to request delivery service.
- California Business, Consumer Services and Housing Coronavirus Guidance
- California Department of Real Estate (DRE): Tenant and Landlord Resources.
- California Employment Development Department (EDD)- Information about unemployment benefits, family leave and employer information
- California State Tax Return Filing Extension
- City of Monterey Park COVID-19 Assistance for Renters and Utility Customers
- Disaster Loan Assistance- Federal Disaster Loans for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners, and renters
- Free Worker's Rights Virtual Clinic - Wednesdays, 4-7pm. Interested participants may sign up for by clinic by contacting Bet Tzedek 323-939-0506 ext. 415.
- First 5 LA Stronger Families Resources for Renters
- L.A. County COVID-19 Rent Relief
- L.A. County Disaster Help Center- Information for businesses, workers, non-profits and tenants/landlords. Email LA County Disaster Help Center or call 833-238-4450.
- L.A. County Property Tax Information
- L.A. Homeless Services Authority Resource List- Basic needs, mainstream benefits, workers, employers, seniors, etc.
- Local Utilities
- Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library Career Center
- OnwardCA- Job resources for Californians impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Stay Housed LA County renter rights and legal assistance resources.
- USA.gov Common Scams and Fraud- Coronavirus scams, rumors and price gouging
- Western Center on Law & Poverty COVID-19 Information.
- City of Monterey Park COVID-19 Small Business Assistance.
- City of Monterey Park Restaurant Delivery Assistance Program. Reimbursement to restaurants for up to $1,000 for food delivery and pick-up costs
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program micro grants ranging from $5,000-$25,000 to eligible small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19 and the related health and safety restrictions.
- FOUND/LA Small Business Recovery Fund grants of $5,000-25,000. Two rounds through January 17, 2021.
- LA County Business & Worker Disaster Help Center.
- LA County Childcare Provider Grants of $10,000 or $40,000 to eligible childcare operators in Los Angeles County who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LA County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) Resource Guide help for for-profit and non-profit employers of every size, and their employees in Monterey Park. For no-cost business assistance and crisis relief consultation, please email Joseph Torres or call 213-448-1804.
- LA County "Keep LA County Dining Grant." $30,000 for working capital for restaurants that offered outdoor dining but are unable to operate due to health officer orders.
- L.A. County Reopening Safer at Work and in the Community Order (PDF)
- L.A. County Roadmap to Recovery list of businesses that are re-opening.
- LA County Sanitation Districts COVID-19 reduced commercial water/wastewater rebate.
- L.A. County Public Health Reopening Protocols- See "Reopening Protocols" section.
- LA Regional COVID Fund - Loan, grant and coaching resources to micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses and non-profits.
- L.A. Small Business Development Center- Guide for small business owners to stay informed, plan, and respond to the impact of COVID-19.
- Refundable Payroll Tax Credits
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) COVID Relief Options - PPP, EIDL, Express Bridge Loans, Debt Relief.
- Verizon Small Business Relief Grant- Awards of $5,000, $7,500, and $10,000 for qualified businesses
The Mortgage Relief Program will include a relief fund which provides grants of up to $20,000 for qualified property owners, plus expanded foreclosure prevention counseling services. Read on...
Small businesses in the personal care and retail sector located in Monterey Park and all of Los Angeles County can apply for $10,000 grants starting April 5, 2021 Read on...
The recent attacks of violence across the nation, which have been specifically targeting different ethnicities are deeply disturbing. The violence directed at our Asian and Pacific Islander families will never be tolerated in the City of Monterey Park. Read on...