Re-Elected: 2011, 2015 (First term of office under Ordinance No. 2096).
Currently serves on the following committees and boards as a city representative:
- Los Angeles County Sanitation District
- Board of Education/City Council Joint Use Committee (Alhambra School District)
- California Contract Cities Association
- San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments
- Served as the elected City Treasurer of Monterey Park (six years).
- Elected to his third term on the City Council. He will serve his third term as Mayor in 2016.
- Former Chairman of the 24th State Senate Community Banking Committee.
- Past Chairman, Community Advisory Council, Garfield Medical Center.
- Past Board member of the Monterey Park Chamber of Commerce.
- Past President of the Los Angeles-Vancouver Sister City Association.
- A 26 year banking career which included Branch Manager with Home Savings of America, Business. Officer with Bank of America, Commercial Loan Officer with Wells Fargo Bank, Regional Manager with Golden Security Bank, and currently Vice President/Manager of Citizens Business Bank.
- Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation Board.
- Black Belt in Hapkido and trains in the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Married to Gloria Ing, an attorney, and they have two children.
- Provided 92 $500 scholarships to Mark Keppel, Schurr, & Garfield high school graduating seniors.
- B.A. in Economics, UCLA.
- M.B.A. in Finance, California State University, Los Angeles.