April 10, 2021
440 South McPherrin Ave.
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Spring Cleaning Day
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Get Rid of the
Clutter at MPK’s Spring Cleaning Event
Drop off unwanted
items at Barnes Park Service Clubhouse Parking Lot on Saturday, April 10
City of Monterey Park and Athens Services are offering residents an opportunity
to clean up their unwanted items that are cluttering up space in the home, garage
or basement. Used household appliances and fixtures, broken toys and old
clothing are examples of things that can be dropped off. Most anything except hazardous waste will be
- Bulky items: furniture, rugs, mattresses and appliances.
- Paper shredding: first come, first served basis until truck is filled.
- Electronic waste: televisions, printers, computers, power cords, electronic devices.
- Chipper service: free branch and brush chipping. More info.
- NO hazardous waste: no batteries, bulbs, paint, oil, medical, toxic or liquid waste.
Saturday, April 10, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents can take
items to the following location:
Barnes Park Service Clubhouse Parking Lot
440 S. McPherrin Avenue, Monterey Park, CA
(Enter at Harding Avenue)
Spring Cleaning Day is a special, one-time event that is free to the
community. Residents can also have bulky items picked up from the curbside by calling Athens Services at 888-336-6100. Curbside bulky item pick-up must be pre-arranged
through Athens Services. Any items left abandoned on the curb can be subject to
a notice of violation from Monterey Park Code Enforcement.
For more information,
contact the Monterey Park Public Works Department at 626-307-1320.