Open - Physical Distancing Required*
- Open space areas at all parks for walking, jogging, exercise etc.
- Park restrooms at Garvey Ranch, Sierra Vista, George Elder and Barnes Parks
- Edison Trails
*Physical distancing measures require members of the public to be separated by at least 6 feet from others. Persons who are members of the same household may be together, but separated from others by a distance of at least 6 feet. Public and private gatherings and events among persons not in the same household are prohibited.
Modified and Limited
- Senior Lunch Program
- Dial-A-Ride: transportation for medical appointments and essential grocery/ pharmacy trips
- Tennis and pickleball courts with restrictions. See below.
- Playgrounds at Garvey Ranch, Sierra Vista, George Elder and Barnes Parks with restrictions. See below.
For Lunch and Dial-A-Ride program information, please call the Langley Senior Center at 626-307-1395.
- Recreation facilities, activities and programs
- Swimming pools
- Basketball courts
- Picnic shelters at Garvey Ranch, Barnes, Highlands, and George Elder Parks
- Playgrounds at all parks are closed with the exception of Garvey Ranch, Sierra Vista, George Elder and Barnes Parks.
- Restrooms at all parks are closed with the exception of Garvey Ranch, Sierra Vista, George Elder and Barnes Parks.
Playgrounds at Garvey Ranch, Sierra Vista, George Elder and Barnes Parks Reopen with Restrictions
- Face coverings are required at parks and parking areas for anyone ages 2 and above.
- Practice Social Distancing. Provide space of at least 6 feet at all times. Children must be monitored by an adult.
- No food or drinks allowed.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20-30 seconds. Bring hand sanitizer.
- Stay home if not feeling well. Avoid coming to parks if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms. Elderly and those with underlying conditions should avoid playgrounds.
- Limit visiting time in playgrounds to 30 minutes.
Tennis and Pickleball Courts Reopen with Restrictions
On Saturday, May 16, 2020, the City of Monterey Park will reopen tennis and pickleball courts. The city is opening these amenities with strict health guidelines provided by the LA County Public Health Department in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The city will continue to assess daily operations and safety guidelines and will make modifications as needed.
Specific restrictions and safety guidelines required at the tennis and pickleball courts as directed by the LA County Health Officer Order include:
Physical distancing of six feet must be maintained at all times.
Singles and doubles play will be permitted.
Each participant must bring their own equipment with their initials on each ball. Participants will only be permitted to handle their own pickleball and tennis balls.
Participants will be required to wear face covering at all times except during play.
Bring water and hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to wash and sanitize hands frequently.
A maximum of one-hour play will be allowed when others are waiting.
Failure to follow these regulations may result in court closure.
The following sites will be reopened under the provided restrictions and safety guidelines:
Barnes Park, 350 S. McPherrin Ave. - two tennis courts
Garvey Ranch Park, 781 S. Orange Ave - two tennis courts
George Elder Park, 1950 Wilcox Ave. - four tennis courts
Highlands Park, 400 Casuda Canyon Dr. - two tennis courts
Sequoia Park, 750 Ridgecrest St. - two tennis courts
Sierra Vista Park, 311 N. Rural Dr. - one pickleball court
Sunnyslopes Park, 1599 Sunnyslope Dr. - two tennis courts