By Code Compliance staff
The Monterey Park Fire Department welcomes your participation in providing a safe Independence Day celebration. Please practice basic safety procedures in compliance with the City’s municipal code.
Please contact the Monterey Park Police Department at 626-573-1311 to report illegal or dangerous fireworks.
“Safe & Sane” Fireworks
- Only “Safe and Sane” fireworks are allowed in the City of Monterey Park.
- “Safe and Sane” fireworks must display a "State of California, State Fire Marshall Registered Fireworks" seal (pictured). If your fireworks do not have this logo, they are illegal.
- “Safe and Sane” fireworks may be used only on July 4th from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Light “Safe and Sane” fireworks outdoors in a clear area and at a safe distance away from people, homes, vehicles or flammable materials.
- Light one firework at a time and never relight a dud.
- Have a bucket of water and a hose nearby to soak fireworks before throwing them in a trash can.
Fireworks and Child Safety
- Fireworks should only be handled by adults.
- Never let children pick up pieces of fireworks after discharge, as some may still be active.
- Parents are liable for any damages or injuries caused by their children using fireworks.
The City of Monterey Park will strictly enforce fireworks laws and fines to ensure the safety of our community. Fines for possession and use of illegal fireworks range from $2,000 to $5,000. Residents are urged to purchase "Safe and Sane" fireworks to avoid fines, potential injury and property damage. Together, we can ensure that Independence Day celebrations are fun, safe and do not cause undue injury or fire in our communities.
For more information, please contact the MPFD Code Compliance Division at 626-307-1415, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.montereypark.ca.gov or via our free mobile app GoMPK.