The Monterey Park City Clerk’s Office and Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder’s office (RRCC) will host a joint presentation regarding upcoming changes in the elections process beginning March 2020 on January 22 from 6-8 p.m. at the City of Monterey Park Community Room at 320 W. Newmark Avenue.
Come and learn about the new voting experience and information on district-based voting. RRCC will be making a presentation on the modernized voting experience including vote centers, the new voting system, changes in vote by mail process and the look of the official ballot, security and more.
Additionally, the City Clerk’s Office and city staff will be presenting general information regarding the local elections and three ballot measures relating to the General Tax, the Advisory Sales Tax, and the Land Use Element at the January 22 meeting as well as at a series of other public information meetings. Please see the list below for the dates, times, and locations of these public information meetings.
Community Informational Meetings:
- Wednesday, January 22, 6-8 p.m., Monterey Park City Hall Community Room, 320 W. Newmark Ave.
- Monday, January 27, 6-8 p.m. Sierra Vista Park Community Room, 311 Rural Dr.
- Wednesday, January 29, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.. Langley Center Main Room, 400 W. Emerson Ave.
- Thursday, January 30, 6-8 p.m., George Elder Park Community Room, 1950 Wilcox Ave.
- Tuesday, February 4, 6-8 p.m., Monterey Highlands Elementary School, 400 Casuda Canyon Dr.
- Saturday, February 8, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Brightwood Elementary School, 1701 Brightwood St.
- Tuesday, February 11, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Langley Center Main Room, 400 W. Emerson Ave.
- Thursday, February 20, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Garvey Ranch Park Community Room, 781 S. Orange Ave.
- Wednesday, February 26, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Bella Vista Elementary School, 2410 Findlay Ave.
Community Informational Meetings will begin promptly at the scheduled time.
Vincent D. Chang (E), City Clerk, City of Monterey Park
Subscribe to City of Monterey Park news flashes at www.MontereyPark.ca.gov/NotifyMe