Monterey Park’s annual Play Days birthday celebration will take place May 10 to 13 at Barnes Park with tons of fun for the entire family. Starting Thursday, May 10, the Play Days Carnival will feature exhilarating rides, hours of live entertainment, exciting games, as well as delicious food items sold by local community organizations.
Monterey Park Play Days Carnival at Barnes Park
- Thursday, May 10: 5-10 p.m.
- Friday, May 11: 5 p.m.-midnight
- Saturday, May 12: Parade 11 a.m. on Garvey Avenue, Carnival noon-midnight.
- Sunday, May 13: 1-10 p.m.
A highlight of the event includes the annual Play Days Parade on Saturday, May 12 at 11 a.m. along Garvey Avenue that features local marching bands, drill teams, community organizations, sports teams and dignitaries.
The 2018 Parade Grand Marshal will be the Monterey Park Woman’s Club; Honorary Grand Marshal is Larry Sullivan; and this year’s special guest: dance group KINJAZ.
Three Great Ways to Save at Play Days
- Pre Sale: Buy pre-sale tickets between April 23 and May 10 at the City Hall Recreation and Community Services Counter. You can get 32 coupons for only $20.00- over a 30% savings! Each ride takes 3 to 5 coupons. Once the carnival opens on Thursday evening, these pre-sale prices are history.
- Opening Night Discount: Thursday, May 10 all rides are only $1.00 each for the entire night (5-10 p.m.)
- Sunday Night Wristband: Buy a wristband on Sunday, May 13 for $25.00 and ride all you want.
Barnes Park is located at 350 S. McPherrin Avenue, Monterey Park. For more Play Days information please visit the city website at www.MontereyPark.ca.gov and search for Play Days or contact recreation at 626-307-1388.
Robert Aguirre, Recreation Superintendent