City of Monterey Park officials will attend a press conference that the 710 Coalition will hold prior to the scheduled Metro Board meeting tomorrow, Thursday, May 25 at 8:15 a.m. The Metro Board is scheduled to vote to receive and file a report finding the Single Bore Option the most environmentally friendly alternative and on a motion to reallocate Measure R money from the 710 Gap Completion to other projects to other regions.
The 710 Coalition is comprised of the following cities: Rosemead, Monterey Park, San Gabriel, San Marino and Alhambra.
Location: Main Entrance to Metro Headquarters
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
8:15 a.m. Press Conference
9:00 a.m. Board Meeting, Metro Board Room, 3rd Floor
The freeway tunnel is the best option:
- Freeway tunnel moves traffic from local streets back onto freeways where it was originally designed to go.
- Freeway tunnel will reduce the most traffic on local streets and onto freeways where it should be.
- 6.78M drive time hours saved annually if a tunnel is built.
- Freeway tunnel will reduce cut-through traffic on neighborhood streets by 43% (or 57,000 vehicles not on your streets per day).
- Single Bore Tunnel option will reduce neighborhood traffic the most only alternative that further reduces air emissions and health risks in lower income, minority areas that have been plagued by poor air quality due to severe congestion and slow traffic on neighborhood streets.
- Light rail actually increases local traffic congestion.
- Necessary to complete missing link in our regional freeway system.
Teresa Real Sebastian, Mayor
Ron Bow, City Manager