The City of Monterey Park is announcing a call for submissions for a logo design for the city’s 2016 centennial celebration. The city is seeking a volunteer artist or artists to create a logo for use with marketing the city’s 100th birthday events.
A successful logo will:
• Represent Monterey Park’s history and reflect the city’s immense pride in turning 100 years old in 2016
• Be unique, memorable and scalable for use on large banners, posters, flyers, and letterhead as well as webpages and social media.
How to submit:
• Logos must be submitted electronically by 12 noon on August 12, 2015 to email@example.com
• Use JPG format, maximum 1024 pixels wide x 768 pixels high at 72 dpi
• A cover letter should include artist(s) name, complete mailing address, telephone number and email address.
Submissions will be evaluated and a finalist selected at a public meeting of the city’s Centennial Committee on August 12, 2015 at 6 p.m. at Garvey Ranch Park, 781 South Orange Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91755. The public is invited to attend.
• Logo should be scalable for use on large banners down to small thumbnails and reproduce well in color as well as black and white
• Graphic artist(s) will not be compensated for their submittal but will be recognized for their contribution to the centennial celebration
• Participants certify that their design is a previously unpublished, original work
• Designs are credited to the individual or team that submits the design
• Logo will become the sole property of the City of Monterey Park
• The chosen image may be required to be submitted in a high resolution production version at a later date.
Interested parties are welcome to share this information. The committee looks forward to seeing the creativity of the Monterey Park community to help promote the city’s centennial celebration.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-307-1388.
Dan Costley, Director of Recreation and Community Services