Fourth of July
Monterey Park's annual Independence Day celebration at Barnes Park features entertainment, food, fun and a fireworks show for the entire family. Patriotic activities include children's crafts, music by the Monterey Park Concert Band and the introduction of new citizens and military families. New US citizens and military families are encouraged to contact the recreation department via email or 626-307-1388 to be included in the program.
- Monday, July 4, 2016 at Barnes Park, 350 S. McPherrin Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754.
- 4 p.m. Live entertainment begins at the amphitheater.
- 9 p.m. Fireworks in ballfield area.
- Personal fireworks and alcohol are NOT allowed in the park.
- New for 2016: due to a more dynamic fireworks show, the safety zone will be expanded in the park's central area.
- New for 2016: McPherrin, Harding and Ramona Avenues will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5-11 p.m. to enable pedestrian use and fireworks show viewing.
2016 Entertainment Schedule
- 3:00 p.m. Food, craft and game booths open.
- 4:00 p.m. Monterey Park Concert Band.
- 5:15 p.m. Recognition of new citizens, military families and dignitaries.
- 6:30 p.m. Live musical entertainment by Two Days in Cat Time.
- 7:15 p.m. Live musical entertainment by Doo Wah Riders.
- 9:00 p.m. Fireworks show. Ramona Ave. and other surrounding streets will be closed at approximately 5 p.m. until the end of the fireworks show.
Be a Sponsor
Donations and sponsorships from individuals, local businesses and organizations make this popular event possible. Please help the city continue to provide this free event to the community. If you or your organization is interested in making a donation, in-kind contribution or becoming a sponsor, please contact the recreation department at 626-307-1388.