Fourth of July
Independence Day festivities begin at 3 p.m. Free fireworks show at 9 p.m.
Monterey Park will celebrate our American Independence Day holiday on Tuesday, July 4 from 3 to 9 p.m. at Barnes Park. This community event features concerts, food and fun for the entire family.
Free entertainment at the Barnes Park Amphitheater includes the Monterey Park Concert Band; local youth band Notes for Notes Edwin Alvarez; Kaught Looking; as well as local dignitaries and other special guests. Also featured will be recognition of military families and new U.S. citizens.
The fun filled day will conclude with the annual free fireworks show at 9 p.m. Portions of Barnes Park and surrounding streets (McPherrin, Harding and Ramona Avenues) will be closed from 5-11 p.m. for fireworks show viewing.
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at Barnes Park, 350 S. McPherrin Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754.
- 4 p.m. Live entertainment begins at the amphitheater.
- 9 p.m. Fireworks in ballfield area.
- Personal fireworks and alcohol are NOT allowed in the park.
- Street closures: McPherrin, Harding and Ramona Avenues will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5-11 p.m. to enable pedestrian use and fireworks show viewing.
2017 Entertainment Schedule
- 3:00 p.m. Food, craft and game booths open.
- 4:00 p.m. Monterey Park Concert Band.
- 5:15 p.m. Recognition of new citizens, military families and dignitaries.
- 6:00 p.m. Live musical entertainment - Notes for Notes Edwin Alvarez
- 7:30 p.m. Live musical entertainment - Kaught Looking
- 9:00 p.m. Fireworks show. Ramona Ave. and other surrounding streets will be closed at approximately 5 p.m. until the end of the fireworks show.
Be a Sponsor
The public’s and businesses’ assistance in helping the city to continue to provide this free event to the community is greatly valued. If you or your business is interested in making a donation to- or becoming a sponsor of- this popular community celebration, please contact the Recreation Department at 626-307-1388.
New U.S. citizens and military families are encouraged to contact the recreation department to be included in the program. Barnes Park is located at 350 S. McPherrin Avenue in Monterey Park.