The Recreation and Community Services Department offers a variety of year-round recreational programs at various locations such as parks, community centers and schools. The programs provide opportunities for residents of all ages to learn, utilize, improve and enjoy new skills and to experience social and cultural relationships through expanded programs, activities and events.
Classes and Programs
- Recreation and Parks Monthly Newsletter -Click here for upcoming Programs and Events
- For an online schedule, please visit our online registration site.
- Classes are filled on a first come first serve basis.
- $2 senior discount for residents 55 years of age and older.
- An administration fee of $9.70 will be deducted from all refunds made prior to the start of first class meeting. No refunds will be made after class begins. (No refunds or make ups for swim classes.) Cancellations must be made in person. No telephone cancellations will be accepted.
- Full refund by city check will be made if class is cancelled by the Recreation & Community Services Department.
- All programs are subject to cancellation or schedule change if class minimums are not reached. Classes are closed when class maximums are met. The department will make an attempt to contact all cancelled class participants by phone or letter. To ensure that your class has not been cancelled, please contact the rec dept. before the first day of class.
- Do not buy supplies for the class until you have received confirmation the class has been filled.
Register or browse classes and create personal/family accounts 24 hours a day from the convenience of your home or office computer by using our online registration system.
Click here for a quick "How to register" tutorial video.
Register by calling the Recreation and Community Services Department at (626)307-1388, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
Walk-in registration will not be taken at this time.
MPK Virtual Recreation is a place where you can find helpful tools and educational resources to enjoy at home. The Recreation and Community Services Department is dedicated to helping our community develop and/or maintain their healthy lifestyle and provide resources that focus on the well-being and enjoyment of life.
Click here to visit out MPK Virtual Recreation webpage.
The City of Monterey Park's Recreation and Community Services Department offers a variety of free indoor and outdoor recreational activities. Current activities offered include:
Pickle Ball (Drop-in Outdoor Play) – Barnes Park
Pickleball has priority on Court #1 & #2. Tennis has priority on courts #3. Courts are available on a first come, first serve basis. City will provide pickleball court/nets on court #1, Friday – Sunday, 9am-1pm.
For more information please contact the Recreation Department at (626) 307-1388.