Picnic Shelter Reservations
Picnic facilities are available for rent between the hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Facilities are rented on an as is basis. The City of Monterey Park does not provide clean up or preparation for your group's function.
- Fees for $94 per unit (section of five tables). This is a fee and not a deposit or refundable.
- Use permit will become valid when payment of all fees is made at the Recreation and Community Services Department.
- Reservations are accepted up to 90 days in advance.
- Bouncers, jumpers, dunk tanks, animal rides or any other rides are not allowed.
- Groups may bring additional tables, chairs and barbecue grills.
- Permits may be revoked if there is a conflict with department use. The department will attempt to give timely notice of such conflict. Permits can be revoked and/or denied in the future if there is any abuse of the privilege of using a City building, facility, equipment or violation of the Monterey Park Municipal Code. If it is necessary for the applicant to cancel a picnic reservation, the applicant must immediately notify the Recreation and Community Services Department. Thirty percent of the reservation fee will be retained on all cancellations. City personnel are entitled to enter any facility at any time.
- A validated permit must be presented to authorized personnel on duty, at the facility to be used, on the date of use, within 30 minutes of starting time listed. Otherwise, permit is subject to automatic cancellation and forfeiture of all fees paid. All fees must be paid a minimum of seven days prior to use.
- All groups will have to pay a fee for reservations. This includes church groups, youth groups, nonprofit groups etc.
- Other areas of park (non-sheltered picnic areas, grass, playgrounds) are only available on a first come first serve basis. These groups must abide by the posted rules of the park and may not rope off areas to be reserved.
- Activities for minors must be supervised by responsible adults on the ration of one adult per ten minors.
- The Recreation and Community Services Department may require groups to provide security personnel.
- If a picnic area is made unavailable due to rain, cancellation by city or damage to facility, an alternate date may be selected by user beyond 90 day notice.
- Electrical outlets are provided at most shelters. However, power may not always be available.
- Amplification of sound is not allowed. Radios are permitted. Sound should not exceed levels that may disrupt other park users
- To inquire about picnic reservations please contact the recreation department at 626-307-1388.