Tax-deductible gifts made out to the Monterey Park Library Foundation should be mailed to the foundation at 318 South Ramona Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91754. For more information, call 626-307-1418 or email the library. The Monterey Park Library Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization Tax I.D. #77-0087680.
Book / Media Donations
The Friends of the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library request donations of new-to-fairly-new books and magazines in good condition for the Friends Bookstore in the library. All proceeds from sales of donated items go to support the library. Your discards can help raise funds to purchase new books, provide refreshments for library adult / young adult, children's, and literacy programs and much more. So please bring those unwanted books or magazines to the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library.
Book Donation Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in making a donation to the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library. All donations become the property of the library and may be added to the collection, sold in the Friends of the Library Bookstore or recycled in order to raise funds for the library. We accept:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition
- Commercially published media - CDs, DVDs, BluRay discs
- Magazines less than one year old
We cannot accept:
- Damaged books including ones that are dusty, damp, moldy, soiled, or missing pages
- Clearly outdated material including textbooks
- Non-commercially published (home-recorded) media
- VHS tapes / audio cassette tapes