Library Cards & Fees
During the library closure, all due dates have been extended and no overdue fees will be charged, however we encourage you to return library materials to the outdoor book returns Monday-Friday.
Digital library cards are available for patrons who do not have a Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library card, but wish to access our digital resources during the library closure. To obtain a digital library card, please contact the Circulation Desk at (626) 307-1366 or complete the Digital Library Card Request form. If your card has expired or you need to replace your library card, please call the Circulation Desk.
Library Card Holder Information
- Applicants must present a valid California ID or Driver’s License, or both a photo ID and verification of home address.
- Library card holder is responsible for everything checked out on their card.
- There is no charge for the first library card.
- Items (with the exception of New Release DVDs and Blu-Rays) can be renewed twice as long as there are no holds on the item. Eligible items will be automatically renewed on the due date. You may also renew items over the Web by accessing Your Account or by phone at (626) 307-1366. Renewals grant you an additional loan period from the renewal date.
Fines & Fees
- Effective February 4, 2021 the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library does not charge use fees or overdue fines for late materials, with the exception of New Release DVDs and Blu-Rays. Library patrons will receive notification of overdue items and will be billed for replacement and processing after 21 days overdue. Borrowing privileges will be suspended until materials are returned or the library is compensated for lost materials.
- Lost items are charged the Library’s cost plus a processing fee. If no cost is available, the default cost applies. Replacement copy will be accepted at the discretion of the selector.
- Materials not reparable and/or not in usable condition are charged as a damaged item.
Refunds for lost items are granted within one year of payment under the following conditions:
- Item returned is in good condition as determined by library staff.
- The overdue fine or processing fee, whichever is greater, is deducted from the amount to be refunded.
- Refund checks are mailed to the library card holder (no cash refunds).
Fines & Fees Schedule
|Circulation Materials||Loan Period||Fees||Fine|
|Adult book||21 days|
|Children’s book||21 days|
|Children’s book /CD set||21 days|
|Children’s magazines||7 days|
|Compact disk||21 days|
|Government document||21 days|
|DVD (New Releases)||2 days||$2.00/2 Days||$2.00 per day|
|Blu-Ray (New Releases)||2 days||$2.00/2 Days||$2.00 per day|
|DVD (Feature)||7 days|
|Blu-Ray (Feature)||7 days|
|DVD (nonfiction)||7 days|
|Young adult book||21 days|
|Photocopy - Black and White|
|25 cents per page|
50 cents per page
|Hold not pick up or cancelled after being processed||50 cents|
|InterLibrary (ILL)||$5.85 per request plus charges of lending library|
|ILL photocopy||$5.85 per page over 20 pages, pages 1-20 are free|
|Replacement of Lost / Damaged Items||Fee|
|Accompanying material||$9.05 per item|
|CD case (single) / bag from children’s book and CD set||$2.10 per case or bag|
|DVD/Audiobook case (Multiple volume)||$4.80 per case|
|Book rebinding||$27.65 per book|
|Damaged / torn page||$2.15 per page|
|Library card||$3.00 per card|
|DVD/CD/Book on CD insert||$2.15 per insert|