The City of Monterey Park offers financial assistance through grants and loans to qualified low- and moderate-income households to repair or improve their homes. The program is designed to preserve the city's housing supply and improve the health and safety of our neighborhoods. Funding for this program comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
View/print the program flyer in English (PDF), Spanish (PDF) or Chinese (PDF).
Assistance shall be available to eligible homeowners in the form of deferred loans of up to $50,000. Eligible activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Roof repairs
- Plumbing and electrical repairs
- Replacement of broken windows and screens
- Handicapped accessibility
- Other activities necessary to ensure the health, safety or welfare of the occupants.
- Resident of Monterey Park
- Owner-occupied single-family dwelling
- Household income must not exceed low income limits established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The maximum gross income is set to periodically change.
Table reflects 3/23/2016 data
Apply for the Residential Rehabilitation Program (PDF) or visit the city hall housing division.
Monterey Park Housing Division
320 W. Newmark Avenue
Monterey Park, CA 91754