2022 Election Information
November 3, 2022 Regular and Special Municipal Elections
The City of Monterey Park will conduct its General and Special Municipal Elections on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. The General and Special Election is consolidated with the Statewide general election conducted by the Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder’s office.
Registered voters will cast ballots in their respective district for a City Council position in Council District Nos. 1 and 5, to serve a four-year term ending in November 2026; and a City Council position in Council District No. 3 to serve a two-year term ending in November 2024; a City Clerk and a City Treasurer to serve a four-year term ending in November 2026; and any proposed ballot measures.
- July 18, 2022 through August 12, 2022 – Nomination Period
- July 25, 2022, 6:00 p.m., City Hall Council Chambers – Candidates Workshop
- October 10, 2022 – Mailing of vote by mail ballot
- September 29, 2022 – Mailing of sample ballot booklets
- October 24, 2022 – Last day to register to vote. Visit lavote.gov to register or pick up a voter registration form at the City Clerk’s office.
- October 29, 2022 – Vote centers open for early voting.
- November 8, 2022 – Election Day. Vote centers open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
To request additional information or election materials in different languages, contact the Monterey Park City Clerk’s office at (626) 307-1359. For voter information guide, voting locations, voter registration or additional election information, contact the Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder’s office at (800) 815-2666.
Prior Elections Information
- November 3, 2020 Special Election
- March 3, 2020 General Municipal Election
- March 7, 2017 General Municipal Election