2020 Election Information
March 3, 2020 General Municipal Election
The City of Monterey Park will conduct its General Municipal Election on Tuesday, March 3, 2020. The General Election is consolidated with the Los Angeles County Primary Election.
Registered voters will cast ballots in their respective district for a City Council position in District 2, 3, and 4, to serve a four-year term ending in March 2024; and all registered voters will cast ballots for any ballot measures.
- November 12, 2019 through December 6, 2019 – Nomination Period
- February 3 through February 25, 2020 – Voters may request for vote by mail ballots.
- February 18, 2020 – Last day to register to vote. Voter registration forms are available in the City Clerk’s office.
- February 22, 2020 – Vote Centers open for early voting.
- March 3, 2020 – Vote Centers are open on Election Day from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For additional information, please click on the links below:
- Notice of Election for Public Office (PDF)
- Notice of Nominees for Public Office and Ballot Measures (PDF)
- Measure GG – General Tax Proposition (PDF)
- Measure HH – Advisory Sales Tax Proposition (PDF)
- Measure II – Land Use Element Proposition (PDF)
- Application for "Vote by Mail" Ballot (PDF)
- List of Vote Centers, visit LA Vote
- Visit the “Find My Election Information page” for election information specific to you
- For election materials in your preferred languages, visit Los Angles County Registrar Recorder’s office Sample Ballot Booklet Lookup page
To request additional information or election materials in different languages, contact the Monterey Park City Clerk’s office at (626) 307-1359. For voter information guide, voting locations, voter registration or additional election information, contact the Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder’s office at (800) 815-2666.
Community Informational Meetings
For more information, residents are invited to attend one of the following Community Informational Meetings to learn about voting center locations and local elections. Meetings will not include information or discussion about specific city council candidates.
Each Community Informational Meeting will begin promptly at the scheduled time.
- Wednesday, January 22, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
City Hall - Community Room, 320 W. Newmark Ave.
- Monday, January 27, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
Sierra Vista Park, Community Room, 311 Rural Dr.
- Wednesday, January 29, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Langley Center, Main Room, 400 W. Emerson Ave.
- Thursday, January 30, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
George Elder Park, Community Room, 1950 Wilcox Ave.
- Tuesday, February 4, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
Monterey Highlands Elementary School, 400 Casuda Canyon Dr.
- Saturday, February 8, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Brightwood Elementary School, 1701 Brightwood St.
- Tuesday, February 11, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Langley Senior Center, Main Room, 400 W. Emerson Ave.
- Thursday, February 20, 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Garvey Ranch Park, Community Room, 781 S. Orange Ave.
- Wednesday, February 26, 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Bella Vista Elementary School, 2410 Findlay Ave.